Saturday, May 7, 2011

My short time with limericks

Anyone who has had to do a poetry section in school knows that you will have to write at least one limerick - well I wrote a small few which were actually very personal...

The Pets:

MARBLES

I once had a cat named Marbles,
She always had kittens to marvel,
One day she had six,
Were we in a fix!
Because of my cat named Marbles
Tic ‘77

Marbels was my cat that I had to beg for half a year to get. She was the runt of her litter and was always a little crazy different. After her first litter of kittens (first one being breach) she timed all there after with my sister's cat Sunshine so that Sunshine would take care of all the kittens until they had their eyes open and could play - then Marbles would take over. She fell in love with our big black great dane - Thor (the poor dog had no peace from my adoring cat)

THOR


We now have a dog named Thor,
Who doesn’t live up to his lore.
When thunder appears,
Thor runs with great fear,
House-ward to break down the door.
 Tic ‘81

during one big thunderstrom I woke up to this big slobbering dog standing over me on my bed because he was afraid of the thunder outside - such a lovable wuss

Family:

FATHER AND SON


There once was a father and son,
Who, whenever they tried to have fun,
Would argue away,
Sometimes for a day,
So they never got anything done.
Tic ‘81

My Father put a lot of expectations on my brother as he was the only boy. We as sisters knew if we wanted something from our Mother we would ask Burchard to put in the request and visa versa if he wanted something from Daddy us girls were the ones who would do the asking. That is not to say that either of our parents loved anyone of us more than the other - Mother just knew us girls so well that we were not able to get away with much while Burchard could aways sweet talk her...
Boy do I miss my brother and both my parents.
Even though I was at times somewhat of a worry and pain to them

MY ROOM


My room is such a mess,
Which puts my mother in distress,
I try to be tidy,
But, oh kirfidy!
My room remains a dreadful mess.
Tic ‘81

we were in the new house out at the farm - so I had a nice room - not the dark mouse infested one in the bunk-house or the upstairs hall in the main house we had lived in for 5 years - I had a nice room which I was suppose to keep tidy. The limerick above was posted on my door and that still did not stop my Father from throwing everything I had left on the floor out of the bedroom window onto the lawn while I was away at school - afternoon task cleaning it all up - lesson learned for a short time...
My Father loved my Mother and tried to make sure that we children caused her as little stress as was possible with five of us. Parents worry and stress out over their children.
Boy to do I miss them all!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment