Sunday, May 8, 2011

the profoundness of the Haiku

yesterday I mentioned that when taking a poetry section in class you have to experiment with different forms - the limerick as mentioned. Today I'm revealing my exploration of the Haiku. A Haiku is an obscure statement with iambic rules that has a profound meaning...I do not know how obscure or profound my Haiku are but I do like the briefness of them :)

Silent murmur in the class,
Thought waves stagnate in the air,
Disturbed by their use
Tic ‘81

Rain: a dapple, drop
The perfect picture
Shinning sun on painted hill
Tic ‘81

Early, morning mist;
The sun beats down on cornfields,
With a golden haze
Tic ‘81

Day: sunrise, sunset.
Shadowed crows fly swiftly by,
Never to return
Tic ‘81

Thinking; sat I here
Feathery is the kitten
And wine is red
Tic ‘84

Sea, air – elements
Sitting near a pair of docks
Ships lay in the bay
Tic ‘84

A rocky stairway
Flowers border climb of life
Coloring each day
Tic ‘84

The day is ending
Power flows through all living
To bring beginnings
Tic ‘84

Sigh drooping eyes doze
A speaker talking away
Minds don’t comprehend
Tic ‘84

Hail fell down today
Windy weather nature’s song
Sung to all who hear
Tic ‘85

Mountain, Holy hill
Jerusalem, trodden down
Till time is fulfilled
Tic ‘87

Blindness, state of mind
Hear a bee collect pollen
Sweetness of honey
Tic ‘90

No comments:

Post a Comment