Monday, May 28, 2012

past due Mary and Martha poem

It has been awhile for my inspirations for posting on this blog...I have been writing and experiancing many things since my last posting. One of those was a Sisters Study day given by my bio-sis. on 'Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World'. She had given these classes at a weekend on the west coast and at that time had asked me to write a poem on the subject. Here is what I wrote...

We often let the cares of life
The work, the stress, fill our minds
Though our hearts may be right
For prayer and study there is no time
We get so filled up doing this and that
We forget to stop and listen – as Mary sat

We will be doing the Martha work
The caring for others, just being kind
That of the necessary we lose sight
Finding our spiritual lives in a bind
So stop going out doing this and that
Sit down to pray and listen – as Mary sat
 
When we put the word first in every task
The stress of the work is left behind
Our worries will be left in the past
The time to do all we will find
No longer wandering doing this and that
With joy, praying and listening – as Mary sat
Tic ‘2008

Had to retype this into my collection - somehow it never made it there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment