Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Mother's advice experianced

My mother would use the well time worn advice tid-bits such as 'do not cry over spilt milk', 'early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise' as well as 'haste makes waste' this last one I experianced while hurrying to work and rushing to gas up my car...had gas spill down my pant leg and as it was 25 miles home I had to stop at Wall Mart to purchase a new pair of pants (which I really did not need) so as not to stink out myself and co-workers.
Of course I had to put the experiance in verse...

“Haste makes waste” my Mother said
Hurry to fill glass with a drink…
End up having to wipe down the counter
 
“Haste makes waste” my Mother preached
Quickly putting dishes in the sink…
End up with glass broken, totally shattered
“Haste makes waste” my Mother sighed
Rushing filling the car with gas…
 End up purchasing new fresh smelling clothes

“Haste makes waste” my Mother relayed
 Good advice for a young lass
 Ends up remembering, and it sometime shows
 Tic 2012

Lesson learned - alway listen to your Mother's advice even if it is a cliche or you may be learning the lesson in a more painful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment